As course creators, we get excited during the beginning stages of writing content. Then we end up hitting that creative hump.
The writing stops.
You conk out.
The excuses start streaming in:
- I don’t have the time.
- I can’t afford the resources.
- Figuring out this tech stuff is too hard.
- Someone made a complaint on my blog. I’m scared to add my favourite content into my course now.
Then, you think of ways to settle your mind because you want the content of this course done!
You look out the window and see the sun’s out, so you consider going for a walk in the hope you’ll get some fresh ideas for your writing. The day passes by.
Your course is still not done!
Does this sound familiar?
Last week, on the podcast, I spoke to Nick Terrone and he walked us through 7 steps to overcome procrastination.
Well in today’s podcast, Andrew Sparks from Sparks Elite talks to us about being on top of your game. Andrew shares with us the strategies he uses with elite athletes and executives earning 7-8 figures per year.
The standards he sets are high but achievable and we can definitely apply them when it comes to course content creation.
The thing I love about Andrew, he walks his talk. He doesn’t teach any ideas or strategies he has not experienced himself. The authenticity and practicality of his ideas are genuine and you will be inspired to take them on board.
Andrew talks to us about:
- How our belief systems restrict us from achieving success (or taking action)
- The one thing that will stop you from finishing that course
- 3 things to ask yourself when you want to stay motivated
- What we can learn from our limitations
- 3 questions to ask ourselves when we encounter fear or self-sabotage
People and links mentioned on the callAchieve and succeed your goals while knocking boundaries out of your way. @SparksElite… Click To Tweet
When we are writing content for our own courses, we will encounter times where we find it hard to continue. The excuses we often come up with could be fear in disguise. These fears are unrealistic and it’s up to us to work past them so we achieve our goal of completing the content for the course and releasing it to our clients.
Today’s actionable task is to question fear each time it comes up. Three questions to ask yourself are:
- Is this <<insert your excuse or fear>> true?
- Is this <<insert your excuse or fear>> true for every circumstance?
- Does it serve me to hold on to this <<insert your excuse or fear>> ?
If you need to bounce ideas with someone in regards to your course. Don’t let fear or excuses hold you back. Head over to Focussed Strategy Sessions. This is the last week it will be offered. Next week I am excited to share with you new ways to work with me. So if you ever wanted to work with me on a 1:1 basis, sorting out your content, structuring it into clear modules. Now is the time to snap up these sessions by clicking on this link before they get retired.